Monday, October 1, 2007

And the first set of rankings is out!

Hard on the heels of my post yesterday, Marc Stein released his first NBA power rankings of the year. (I admit, he didn't release them because of my post; he released them because today was media day around the NBA and training camps are starting)

Not surprisingly, he had the Sixers ranked towards the bottom of the pack--27th out of 30, to be specific. As I said yesterday, I think a number of the prognosticators are going to be surprised by the Sixers this season. Of the teams that Stein had ranked ahead of the Sixers, my initial reaction is to expect the Sixers to finish ahead of the Hawks, Kings, Knicks, Trailblazers, and Sonics. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them finish ahead of the Bobcats and Bucks. If all that comes to pass, the Sixers would be one of the top 20 teams in the NBA. Obviously nothing to write home about, but substantially better than what Stein is predicting.

I'll wait until training camp is over to make my official predictions for the year, but I'll give my thoughts on the predictions from mainstream publications as a I come across them.

No comments: