Friday, August 17, 2007

A word about my statistics

In reading an article today, I came across an offensive efficiency statistic for a team that was different than the value for that team that is posted on the website from which I took the defensive efficiency statistics that I have been using in my evaluations. Looking more closely at the site I've been using, I don't see any information telling me when the information was last updated, so it's possible it stopped being updated at some point during the past season. Eyeballing the data, it looks similar enough to what I see elsewhere that I don't think any discrepancies will make a large difference in my evaluation, but this problem obviously creates some worries. I guess the first step in redoing my regression analysis will be to make sure I have completely accurate data, not actually relearning how to do a regression!

No comments: