Thursday, July 12, 2007

It is HOT!

Well, truthfully, it isn't too absurdly hot here in Boston (about 85 degrees today), but it sure felt like it was while I was playing basketball at the gym today. We played for about two hours, and by the last game I felt like I was moving in molasses.

I blame my sluggishness on growing old(er). Growing up, I'd play five hours of sports every day at overnight camp, and then most days we might even decide to also play a game of pick-up basketball under the lights. Even a few years later, high school varsity soccer practice was 2.5 hours every day of the week. Now, I play for two hours on just one hot day and I feel completely exhausted.

The one bright spot is that as tired as I was, I still had more energy left at the end of the day than the people I was playing with--most of whom are almost five years younger than I am. I guess I'm not a complete greybeard yet, but today it sure felt like I was well on my way!

No comments: