Tuesday, June 19, 2007

With the 12th pick, the 76'ers draft....

... a mediocre back-up power forward/center.

How do I know? Well, I wish I could claim special access to the 76er's management, but really all I did was look at the players picked in the 12th slot over the last 10 years:

  • 1997 Austin Croshere
  • 1998 Michael Doleac
  • 1999 Aleksandar Radojevic
  • 2000 Etan Thomas
  • 2001 Vladimir Radmanovic
  • 2002 Melvin Ely
  • 2003 Nick Collison
  • 2004 Robert Swift
  • 2005 Yaroslav Korolev
  • 2006 Hilton Armstrong
It's sort of amazing that every 12th pick of the last decade fits into this category, but it's true!

Even though none of the names on this list really excite me (with the possible exception of Robert Swift's potential), I think it's fair to say that many of the names on this list would upgrade the 76'ers current big man rotation. At the very least, it seems likely that the 76'ers will be able to turn the pick into a player likely to become an NBA rotation player.

When you don't have a high draft-pick, I guess you take what you can get...

No comments: